Craig,

on mouseUp
     repeat with x = 1 to 10
          put x & cr & msg
     end repeat
end mouseUp

Btw I have always considered the results in the message box as something uneditable and have no problems with that.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com

Download Snapper Screen Recorder at http://snapper.economy-x-talk.com

On 19 aug 2009, at 15:05, dunb...@aol.com wrote:

The thing here is that if there is already a selection in the message box, a blinking cursor or hillited text, you cannot select before (or after) either the "results" field or the "message" field. It only works if there is no
selection at all.

Trying to do so selects all the text in the "message" field, even if you explicitly name the "results" field. This is written into the IDE. Some people
find this counterintuitive. I'll bet you do too.

It can be unwritten; see my last two posts.

Craig Newman