Tereza snyder wrote on august 06 :

"I routinely store application resources in a folder, 'resources', next to my apps that contain all kinds of stuff. I compute paths at startup depending on the effective filename. Do I have to change my architecture ?"

My problem is te same, and as I a not among the happy few who use Enterprise, I cannot yet test but I wonder wether the url of the app on the net can be found from inside the revlet. I tried to find the url on mac with Safari, and I suppose all browsers store the files they download according to the same rules.

The file stored by the browser contains the url whic it has been downloaded from. With this URL it should be possible to find the nime of the folder containing the file and then build the urls of the "resources".

The first line of the files can be read from the message box with this little handler :

 answer file "choose a file"
  put it into tfile
  open file tfile for binary read
  read from file tfile at 1 until cr
  answer it
  close file tfile

From the files I looked at, it seems that :

--> When the ascii code of char 14 is 94 (decimal) then " Full Page TextName" appears among the 34 first characters, and the ascii code of the thirty fith character gives the length of the url. The url begins at the thirty-sixth character.

--> When the ascii code of char 14 is 95 (decimal) then the ascii code of the fifteenth character gives the length of the url and the url begins at the sixteenth character.

This does not allow to write a neat and handsome handler, and it is surely too simple. I don't know what happens if the url is very long. Any help will be appreciated. Do anyone know exactly how the header of the file is built , especially when it is a revlet ? Can I hope to fetch my own "resources" on the server when I will put on it my app and its quicktime movies ?

Cordialement

Jean-Paul Poccard.