Sarah Reichelt wrote:

I hadn't thought of using revlets in the place of forms but it is an
interesting thought.
Currently, we have html forms and the data they send can easily be
processed using irev scripts.
If you had a revlet acting as the form, there seem to be two ways it
could handle the submitted data. Either it could "POST" it all off to
a .irev file exactly or all the processing could be done in the revlet
itself, with any emails generated (using the mail shell command) and
data saved.

The vote polling example on the on-rev site does this. It displays a revlet inside an iRev page and posts the response back to the same iRev page. Works very well.