Switching to Firefox solved the problem, at least under XP. Haven't had a chance to try it with Vista yet. Thanks a million, Jim!

On Sep 17, 2009, at 7:30 PM, Jim Bufalini wrote:

Try switching to Firefox for now on PC (both XP and Vista). They are aware
of problems with IE and are working on it.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini

I'm having the devil of a time getting the RevWeb plugin to install on Windows machines running Internet Explorer. I have a couple of stacks
installed on my OnRev server that I can access and run just fine from
multiple Macs and also from a tablet PC on which I had previously
installed the plugin.

However, when I try to access the URL from several different PCs on
three different networks, both at home and at work, I keep getting the
message that the plugin needs to be installed.  I install it and try
the site again and get the same message--this despite the fact that
Manage Add Ons in IE shows the plug in to be installed and enabled.

I've tried this on 4 or 5 different Windows machines, running
everything from XP to Vista, and using both of my stacks. I've tried
restarting IE, rebooting the computer, everything I can think of.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem is?

TIA.
--Marian