Thanks Ian.  I appreciate the clarification.

Ray

On Sep 24, 2009, at 11:58 AM, Ian Wood wrote:

On 24 Sep 2009, at 21:50, Ray Horsley wrote:

I'm finding many files, especially applications, come up empty for the creator and type using either of these methods. I imagine applications don't have a creator and type but I thought a zip file would. Maybe I'm wrong.

As mentioned in the link in my previous message, creator and file type codes are on their way out (and in theory have been since the introduction of OS X). :-(

Ian

P.S. The vast majority of apps on OS X are bundles/folders - therefore a creator code isn't appropriate in the first place.