On 10 Oct 2009, at 00:26, Jim Ault wrote:

Thanks for the note. It prompted me to try a simpler solution than trying to mimic the full browser set of headers.
I just tried adding only the following:

set the httpheaders to "Authorization: Basic cm90b3Bhc3MyOjUzcHJpbmNlNDY="

and it worked for the web page as html.
This will get me where I need to go for the immediate future, but I would like to figure out how to use a page link to download a text file.

In this instance,

http://www.baseballhq.com/members/tools/projections/proj.php?lg=A&p=B&t=PY&ids=1&f=csv
which normally would trigger the browser to offer the 'save as' dialog.

How about:

set the httpHeaders to "Authorization: Basic cm90b3Bhc3MyOjUzcHJpbmNlNDY=" put url "http://www.baseballhq.com/members/tools/projections/proj.php?lg=A&p=B&t=PY&ids=1&f=csv " into tData
# check any errors
if the result <> empty then
 answer the result
else
put tData into url ("file:" & "/path/to/file.txt") # sub your file path here
end if

Dave