On 21 Oct 2009, at 6:00 pm, Jérôme Rosat wrotewrote:

Filtering takes the most time when I type the first and the second letter. That takes approximately 800 milliseconds for the first char and about 570 milliseconds for the second char. The repeat loop with the "contains" operator is a little beat slower (about 50 milliseconds) than the "filter ... with". There is no significant difference when the third char or more is typed. Of course I filter a variable before to put it in the list field

How about the filter with only kicks in after the second or third character is typed? The first two characters take a disproportionate amount of time, and probably don't reduce the list size substantially.

David Glasgow