tareq_tawaiha wrote:
This might be a simple question. I have 4 buttons in a group. Each buttons
name and label are similar for that button. If i edit the group then select
a button and check its "Size and position" in the property inspector , at
the end of the inspector there is a field called number, is there a way to
use that number in a script ?
I have made sure that for all the buttons in my group (top to bottom) the
number of the buttons are  (1, 2 , 3, 4) (In the picture i attached , if i
inspect button "simple" it is one , button colorful it is "2" see attached
picture).
 I want to be able to assign a letter (A,B, C and D) for every button when
selected. If a user selects "colorful" then i want to put "b". I could use a
switch statement IF i could get that assigned number . I use this code , its not working ( any other way of doing this ?)
on mouseDown
get the hilitedButtonName of me put it into bname
   put bname
get the number of button bname
   put it into X

switch X

case "1" put "A" break case "2" put "B"

case "3"
put "C"
http://www.nabble.com/file/p26050917/Picture%2B1.png case "4"
put "D"

end switch
end mouseDown
What an incredibly complicated way of doing things!!!!!!

I made a stack with a copy of your group and put these scripts into
buttons "simple", "colorful", "large" and "visible" respectedly:

on mouseUp
  put "a" into fld "fOUTPUT"
end mouseUp

on mouseUp