Ron,

Here's some code that will drive a progress bar and put some text underneath like "2 minutes 28 seconds remaining @ 135 KB/sec":

http://revcoders.org/calctimeremaining/

On Oct 28, 2009, at 5:58 PM, Ron wrote:

Thank you Alex,
No one had replied yet so I kept looking. I found some similar code in a project from someone else and realized they were using libURLSetStatusCallback so once I found that, I could do the coding myself. The pdf docs certainly give the impression that libURLDownloadToFile is sufficient without the libURLSetStatusCallback but with this, I am getting the update I need and can set the progress bar etc.

Thanks again for the reply,
Ron