On Nov 7, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Richard Miller wrote:

I know this topic has been talked about before.... where to store Rev stacks that will be frequently (and automatically) updated when running under Windosw. As a result, I've followed the general guidance of storing these stacks in the Documents folder. This seems to avoid any problems with the Windows "virtual folders" issue. I haven't actually tested this under Windows 7, but I assume it is still a valid and safe place.

However, I'm running into a new issue. My program stores video files in this same location, as these videos are tightly integrated into the program. I wouldn't mind storing the videos

In the Dictionary, searching with specialfolderpath I find the following:

For Windows systems, you can also specify a CSIDL number that identifies a special folder. Some Commonly used CSIDL values are: 0x001a: The user application data folder (e.g. "C:/Documents and settings/Fred/Application Data") 0x0023: The "all users" application data folder (e.g. "C:/ Documents and settings/all users/Application Data")
        0x000d: The "My Music" folder
        0x000e: The "My Videos" folder
        0x0027: The "My Pictures" folder

Is there any reason why 0x000e: The "My Videos" folder is a not considered? Seems like an appropriate choice.

sims