Hiya,

Before I apologised to everyone for incorrectly advising them that 'Re' was short for 'Regarding' and 'Referencing' I checked Wiktionary:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/re

So it goes both ways, Re re.

Cheers,

Luis.

On 13 Nov 2009, at 08:42, David Glasgow wrote:

And "re" is not an abbreviation of English "regarding" or "reply" but a Latin word meaning "by the thing" (which follows). Aside from in email replies, the most common use is in the law, where cases regarding children will be anonymised to a letter and be reported "Re B"

(Sorry to be a trifle nerdy, but I do a lot of courtwork)

David Glasgow