Hi Richard,

You touched on some points that gave me an opportunity to talk about the software assurance program, why it is set up the way it is, named the way it is, etc. So I went for it :)

In the RunRev lexicon, "upgrade" has historically meant moving up an edition, for example from Studio to Enterprise. Another policy not many people are aware of is that we have an "upgrade anytime" standing offer, that you can move up from one edition to another for the difference between what you paid for your original edition and the retail price of the new edition. So using "upgrade" in this other sense (which I agree is more common) might be confusing.

We notify all customers via email as their eligibility for the software assurance package begins and expires, plus we notify customers whenever a new version is available, not to mention special offers. All with direct links to the store. Hopefully people won't have to be hunting for those links too long.

But I do agree that the new site isn't as easy to navigate as it could be, and we'll be working on that in the coming weeks.

Bill

Richard Gaskin wrote:
Thanks for the explanation, Bill, but as I wrote in the message you quoted I already agree that the pricing is indeed a good value and I wouldn't advocate changing it.

I was just suggesting the word "upgrade" be added to the name of the "assurance" pack to help folks find what they're looking for more easily.