On 22.11.09 at 13:40 -0600 J. Landman Gay apparently wrote:
Mike Kerner wrote:
Sorry, y'all, it's been the better part of a year.

If I have a stack that I want the user to be able to interact with,
including fields, but I don't want the changes to be saved, do I just catch
saveStackRequest, or is there some other way?

Set the cantmodify property of the stack to true, then save the stack. This is a permanent property you only have to set once during development. Make sure your stack is final before you set it, or the stack won't save your own development changes either. ;)

An alternative could be to open as modeless. If user opens the stack directly, you can switch the mode the preopenstack or by setting the style property. Unless I am mistaken, modeless stacks do not retain user entries.

Robert