Hi all,

Further to my posts every now and then about beta versions, it's with great
pleasure that I'm announcing the completion of my first commercial library for
RunRev: Data Tree 1.0.

After being a bit frustrated with the lack of a native tree view control in
Rev, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and write one. Given the
potential complexities of such a control, my goal was to create something that
was as easy to develop with as possible and delivers platform perfect results.

With Data Tree, you can:

• deploy a tree control that will completely adapt its appearance to match the
host operating system (Mac and Windows currently supported)
• use a set of commands to create nodes, move them about, change their
properties and much more
• work with huge numbers of nodes behind the scenes and display up to 1,200
nodes instantly
• easily create trees with multiple parent/child levels, without requiring
complicated XML
• apply icons and set other appearance and behaviour properties
• insert a tree control into the tabbing order of the card
• receive various mouse and keyboard events
• add your own properties to nodes, allowing you to store your own data within
the node itself
• for more advanced developers, access the underlying array and build large
trees in milliseconds

You can download a trial licence of Data Tree from the Downloads page of my
website, http://www.theworcestersource.com . The trial licence is fully
functional but will periodically display a nag window.

A nag-free licence that can be used in your own projects can be purchased for
£30.

All downloads come with a supporting developer manual. More developer
information, to be hosted on my site, is currently being worked on.

I sincerely hope that anybody who tries my library enjoys developing with it.

Best wishes,

Steve Checkley
http://www.theworcestersource.com