Hi Jim,

In order to decompress data in PHP that was compressed using Rev you need to strip a few bytes off the start of the data:

$decompressedData = gzinflate( substr( $dataCompressedWithRev , 10 ) ); However I have not been able to figure out how to go the other way, that is, decompressing data with Rev that was compressed with PHP. If you do determine how to do this please let me know.

Also, you might find the callPHP library I posted a few weeks ago useful, which allows PHP functions to be called from Rev stacks or, I would imagine, an on-Rev script, although I have not worked with on-Rev. The library is open source so feel free to use it directly or strip it for parts. You can download it from:

http://www.rotundasoftware.com/rev/callPHP.html

Hope that helps,

David Beck
Rotunda Software