J. Landman Gay wrote:
Kay C Lan wrote:
I would hope the
world would become more like this List, blind to race, creed, sex, religion,
political bent or whacky opinion.

This is so well said. I add my best wishes to everyone on this list. It's so much like home here and I'm so fond of you all.

Echo that from Kauai's Hindu Monastery.

There is so much talk about interfaith, We are part of the local "Interfaith Roundtable of Kauai" and a team from Hinduism Today has just returned from the Parliament of the World's Religions in Australia. It was considered such a big deal. In reality, on the ground, outside of conferences, or meetings, there is not much collaboration or real dialog or "co-creation." I've often wished I could go to a RunRev Live conference just to say that, romantic as it sounds, that this list despite being all about code and a niche software application, fulfills, in a microcosmic way, the higher objectives we would all wish for humanity as a whole: people working together, regardless of differences, to help each other and create a better world. Some people talk about it, RunRev Revolutionaries do their best to actually do it. And it is happening not only here but on many internet collaboration sites. (If you were a draftsman using VectorWorks you would find another such community.) The "digital fires" of software development is helping to melt down the icy walls put up by those of a by-gone age.

Wishing everyone the best for the solstice (very special this year as there is a conjunction of the earth with the sun and the galactic center) and a joyful prosperous 2010.

Sivakatirswami