Hi Roger,

It seems to me the bigger problem is the conversion of nested html tables, which are pretty common. That said, here is a button script that converts a 'simple' html table to a tab-delimited text file. From there the sky is the limit. ;-) NOTE: This code works with only the simplest of tables, but it gives you a starting point if you want to go this way.

on mouseUp
   -- get the file
   answer file "Pick a file that contains an HTML table:"
   if it = empty then exit to top
   put url ("file:" & it) into tData

   -- make each html table start at the beginning of a line
   replace cr with empty in tData
   replace "<table>" with (cr & "<table>") in tData

   -- make each table end at the end of a line
   replace "</table>" with ("</table>" & cr) in tData

   -- remove all lines but those with complete html tables
   filter tData with "<table>*</table>"

   -- exit if there are no unnested tables
   if tData = empty then
      answer "No unnested tables found."
      exit to top
   end if

   -- convert tables to tab-delimited lines of data
   replace tab with empty in tData
   replace "</tr>" with cr in tData
   replace "</td>" with tab in tData
   replace (tab & cr) with cr in tData

   -- eliminate unused table tags
   replace "<table>" with empty in tData
   replace "</table>" with empty in tData
   replace "<tr>" with empty in tData
   replace "<td>" with empty in tData

   -- display the converted data
   put tData into fld 1
end mouseUp

Here is the test data I used (in a file of its own):

Merry Christmas!
Phil Davis