The Trash is a normal folder, just like any other, so if you can work out the path to it, then you can just rename your file to that path instead of using delete. I have only done this on Mac OS X, but here is the method I use for finding the path to the Trash:

    put specialFolderPath("Desktop") into trashFolder
    set the itemDel to "/"
    put ".Trash/" into last item of trashFolder

Cheers,
Sarah
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.troz.net/Rev/