Message: 1
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:16:18 -0500
From: Trevor DeVore <li...@mangomultimedia.com>
Subject: Re: What cell in the data grid was clicked?
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>

On Dec 28, 2009, at 11:48 PM, James Hurley wrote:

The user clicks on a data grid cell.

What variables determine the row and column numbers of the cell?

Jim,

Each row in a Data Grid form/table and each column in a Data Grid
table have custom properties that help you determine this information.
Note that you use names to reference columns rather than numbers
however. These properties include the dgLine or dgIndex and the
dgColumn.

I just updated the "How Do I Get Data Associated With a Row or
Column?" lesson in the manual to provide some more useful examples.

How Do I Get Data Associated With a Row or Column?:
<http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7313-How-Do-I-Get-Data-Associated-With-a-Row-or-Column-

And the text of the cell?

The lesson also shows how to get the value associated with a cell
using GetDataOfIndex. Look at the very last step in the lesson.

Regards,

-- Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems
www.bluemangolearning.com    -    www.screensteps.com

Trevor,

Thanks once again. The  GetDataOfIndex  was the function I needed.

Unfortunately I am trying to learn data grids the way I learned the rest of RunRev, by applying the "Necessity is the mother of discovery" method. There are too many bits and pieces of the data grid control for this. I need to exercise the discipline to go through your excellent tutorials. Sounds like a new year's resolution to me.

Regards,

Jim Hurley