On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 10:40 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

I think it's the lowest-numbered field that gets the automatic cursor insertion. Try relayering your fields and put the desired target as layer 1.

Sure enough. Thanks- I don't know why I thought it was front-to-back (higher to lower layer number).

Here's another question: do you know why some fields will appear to have the blinking insertion point, but others will not (but do still have the focus border?) Fields that otherwise seem identical seem to have this behavior. I've seen only my smaller single-line fields do this.

Alex Rice, Software Developer