Hello Fred,

I don't have a solution for you but I ran into something once that sounds
similar... I dug around and found a comment in one of my scripts:

     "The vScroll of groups is limited at the engine level to 32780"

I'm not sure where I got this information or if it is still (or ever) valid.

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
web       http://elementarysoftware.com/