I would place a field on each card that you can populate just before you print

repeat with x=1 to the number of marked cards
  put "Page" && x into fld "PageNumber" of marked card x
end repeat

--do your printing
--then clear the field:

repeat with x=1 to the number of marked cards
  put empty into fld "PageNumber" of marked card x
end repeat
I have been working on a project that uses marked cards based on an user's
input. When the user selects a card or cards, they become marked for
printing. I want to add a page number at the bottom when printing the marked
cards.
There are around 70 cards which makes it very difficult to include page
numbers on the cards when printing since they may not be sequential. In my
situation, only about 6 to 11 cards would been selected by the user. Has
anybody developed a means of assigning page numbers to marked cards when
printing them as marked cards?