I have this handler in a script:

function YesOrNo pQuestion, pDefaultAnswer
   set the Question of stack "AskYesOrNo"  to pQuestion
   set the DefaultAnswer of stack "AskYesOrNo" to pDefaultAnswer
   modal "AskYesOrNo"
   return the dialogData
end YesOrNo

The stack "AskYesOrNo" is intended to do what you'd expect: it displays the
question with "yes" or "no" and returns "yes" or "no" in the dialog data.
However, when I call this handler, it returns empty before it even displays the
dialog. If I insert a "put" statement AFTER the "modal" statement, the putted
text is visible in the message box while the dialog is on the screen, and
statements in the caller of the YesOrNo function are executed before I exit the
dialog.

In other words, "modal" seems broken. Before I start making test stacks, has
anyone encountered this before? Could there be a bug in the dialog scripts that
causes the dialog to fail silently?

(Revolution 3.5, MacOS 10.6.2)

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.