I was the original poster and this has been a very interesting thread, though a fair bit of it has been over my head as I don't know javascript, nor html, very well.

I'm working on a simple web based To Do list for some family members to share. Pops up items based on date. But I'm in Tokyo, other users are in China and the US--it's Monday here while still Sunday for you in the US. Want to pop up the items based on the date of the user, whether in Asia, US or Europe.

I found some javascript solutions on the net, and now Sarah has posted a very easy to understand javascript (Sarah, you're amazing). Now I have to figure out how to get the javascript result into an irev variable... looks like I'll be exploring cookies...

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan