Wilhelm,

Do you have a nice, tidy URL for this?  I'd love to rebroadcast...

In appreciation,

Judy

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

First the bad news:

The European Commission has signed the Swift-Treaty with the U.S.A. that entitles American authorities to monitor any kind of money transfer inside the European Union and between Europe and the rest of the world. The European Parliament in its majority was against this treaty, but under the old law (until Dec 1, 2009) could not participate in that decision and now, however, might repeal it in the near future. The European representatives are presently under great pressure from the side of U.S-lobbyists, as the press reports. The possibility to collect and screen financial and personal data has far-reaching consequences not only for industrial espionage, but also for individuals. I could, for example, get into trouble on my next visit to the U.S.if I would renew my license for "Revolution" (happily I have done that already) or buy some add-ons out of the Revolution mega bundle. "Runtime Revolution" might be even worse as it suggests an immediate threat and an especially aggressive kind of revolution.-