Thanks, Colin... Yes, I do use the player code but I have not seen your simple way explained anywhere on the web... Thanks... Jim

On 15-Feb-10, at 4:44 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:

You can't just play an FLV, to play that you would either have an application that can play it (say VLC) or you would have embedded a swf that can play the FLV. Whatever way you did it, those players can also play MPEG-4 files.

So, use QuickTime Player's Save for Web, and that will produce a file named something like "mymovie.m4v". Put that alongside your FLV player, and tell the player that its source is "mymovie.m4v", and it will play anywhere that has Flash, even if QuickTime is not installed.

Jim Carwardine,
President & CEO
OYF Consulting
Ph. 902.823.2339 / 866.601.2339
Fx. 902.823.2139
<www.StrategicDoing.com>
StrategicDoing™: When Strategic Planning is finished,
execution of your plan depends on your employees.