On 22/02/2010, at 12:05 AM, Shao Sean wrote:

> Hopefully Rev updates these routines to use the unicode system calls (on Mac
> and Windows, not certain about Linux)..

I checked the bugs system, too, and there seem to be quite a few
unicode-related reports - some dating back a lot longer than 2 years. It is
disappointing to see, to say the least. For a product that is trying to gain
marketplace on the web, lack of total support for international writing systems
will be a deal-breaker for many people.

I'm even more surprised that no one has come up with a cross-platform
workaround - external - that can do the job. Does that mean that every
application that is made with Revolution is unable to use international
characters when saving files to the local system? I was certain I had read
somewhere that there were users of Rev in Japan - are they all using standard
ASCII English?

Dumbfounded,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto