On Mar 13, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Len Morgan wrote:

On more question if I may, where exactly would I put a handler that would set the color of each row according to the value of one of the columns? For example, if column (database field actually) "status" is 'I' then I want the row to be green. If it's 'R' then I want it to be pink, etc. I don't mind that the selection will turn the current row blue, but I need a way to set it back again and of course, to set the colors when the data is loaded originally.

Two lessons discuss techniques for this. The first one colors the text of a row that has a certain value and shows how to keep the color even after the row is hilited:

http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7332-How-Can-I-Colorize-Individual-Lines-in-a-Table-

The end of this lesson on behaviors shows how to color individual cells as well. It might be worth reviewing.

http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7327-How-Do-I-Override-the-Default-Behavior-For-Rendering-Data-to-a-Cell-

Let me know if those help.

--
Trevor DeVore