I copied your code from the example exactly and IF I use "change the foregroundColor..." it does just that: Highlites the selected line in blue with white letters. When I select a new row, the background of all the other rows is white with red text. If I change foregroundColor to backgroundColor, as soon as the selection moves off of a line, the whole line becomes invisible (but the data is still there since if I go back to that line with the hilite, the data again becomes visible). I am changing only one word (actually just part of a word: fore to back). I'm obviously not using the right property or something but I'm at a loss as to what else I could use.

I can still send you the script if you want but as I said, I started with your lesson script and just changed one word.

len