stephen barncard wrote:
non - IDE dialogs have always required extra clicks (for me)
with the click at 1,1 it seems to work better.  Still not perfect.

here's the significant code:

Have you tried something simpler, like just passing "hi" instead of an array? Zygodact uses a custom modal stack and passes dialogdata without any problem or requiring any extra clicks. But it doesn't use arrays, just text strings. It doesn't use "as sheet" either, though I'm not sure why that would make a difference. Start simple and then add things until you see what messes it up.