That's what I was afraid of, but then, I should only have to figure it out once.

len

On 3/27/2010 12:42 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
Recently, Len Morgan wrote:

This actually brings up another question though: There are some cases of
tanks in the current system that display the feet of water in the tank
next to the tank, and some where the number is shown IN the tank.  If we
temporarily ignore how I'd let the user move around the component parts
of a tank (assuming I'd let them), what are the "locations" of the
components in the group (i.e., oval and rectangle for water graphic,
text box for numeric level, etc) telling me?  Are they the physical
locations on the screen at that instant or are they (or can they be)
relative to the location of the group as a whole?
If I understand your question, locations are always relative to the card.
But you can use the dimensions/locations of elements in the group as
reference points.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director