Bonjour,

Assuming I have a datagrid "cellar" with

Appellation / Price
Bourgogne / 43
Bordeaux / 38
Aubance / 25

I want to change the price of one wine

1 - the user has to select a line then

put the dgHilitedLines of grp "Cellar" into tLine
put the dgDataOfLine[tLine] of grp "Cellar" into theDataA
ask "What's the price?" with theDataA["Price"]
put it into theDataA["Price"]
set the dgDataOfLine[tLine] of group "Cellar" to theDataA

OK works well

2 - Now I would like to be able to change a price but starting from a given wine' name, not from the selection of a its line (not really needed currently, but for learning more about datagrid ;-))

I found the following; for example I have to change the price of the Aubance:

put the dgData of grp "cellar" into theDataA
repeat for each key theIndex in theDataA
if theDataA[theIndex]["Appellation"] is "Aubance" then
Ask "What's the new price for Aubance?"
 put it into theDataA[theIndex]["Price"]
end if
set the dgData of grp "cellar" to theDataA
end repeat

That works but seems not particularly straighforward (the loop only to find the right one ;-)))

Am sure there is a far better way but I don't find it
Any idea much appreciated

Best regards from Grenoble

André