Peter Alcibiades wrote:
Its not Rev's fault that Linux has small market share.  No, of course not.
But Richard, you cannot seriously be arguing that it is either sensible or
acceptable to release poor quality software as long as the target markets
are small?  As to its being the same half dozen people.  Well, maybe.  How
many people on the list are exclusively using Rev on Linux?

It would appear that Rev just isn't working for you on your system. I don't know why, so I can't rule out that it may indeed be because of some conspiracy or laziness or stupidity or whatever at RunRev Ltd.

Some of the issues you've experienced have been reproduced by others here; other issues not; others are well known in the Linux world as having various expressions in different apps beyond Rev.

But very few of these you've written about have been logged to the RQCC.

And with many of your threads I've taken considerable time explaining the business drivers behind the pros and cons of the Rev Linux engine, repeatedly both here and in our private emails, only to have you ask me "Why?" again in the next thread you start.

Going forward the archives will have to suffice; having done by best several times to answer your question and failed to provide an answer you find satisfying, I have to recognize that I have nothing to offer that will be of value to you.

If Rev is working for you, you are free to use it.

If Rev is not working for you, you remain as free as ever to use anything else.

If I can be of help resolving any specific issue I'm happy to lend what I can to the process.

In the meantime, I sincerely wish you the best of luck finding a tool that suits your needs. Feel free to drop me a note if you find a particularly interesting one; I'm always willing to learn about good options.

Wishing you peace and success -

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World