On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 06:50 PM, Terry Vogelaar wrote:

Peterson Trethewey heeft op dinsdag, 10 jun 2003 om 20:14 het volgende geschreven:

Is it possible to give an image an alpha channel?
What's the best way to do it?  I've tried fooling with
the alphaData property but it doesn't seem to want to
change from its default state, and I've tried making
an image with an alpha channel and importing it.  Has
this worked for anybody?  I feel like I'm missing
something obvious.

Thanks,
Peterson

You can import PNG files which support full 8-bit transparency for really stunning use of alpha-channel transparency. Pretty neat; I use it very often. But it requires some knowledge of PhotoShop or any other program that can export PNG images.

Terry