Peter Alcibiades wrote:
He has a solution, surely, it is to do it from the shell.  His problem is
that when he goes out to the shell, it does not then play in the background.

If he calls the shell command from a separate stack, will it not then leave
the original stack to just go on?  So the effect will be to play in the
background, and leave the user free to interact with the main stack?

If you try this, I'd like to know how it works. I think all scripts will pause while another is running, regardless of the stack the script is in. But let us know.