Hi - I am a long time OOP user, Rev fan and message board lurker. I have a totally off topic question. Many years ago I built a program that will dial a phone number through the modem port and then hang up. My handset is on a Y connection to the phone line so it stays open and I can speak to the dialed number. The program records all the time date info etc so it is very handy for keeping track of things. Originally I wrote it in HyperCard then SuperCard etc where a simple "Dial" command followed by the number was sufficient. Unfortunately Rev does not have this function. However back in 2005 ago there was a brief discussion about this online and I was very lucky to find this little piece of code that works perfectly for my PC.

   put "*67" before theNumber
   open file "com3:" for write
   write "ATS7=1L0DT" & theNumber & cr to file "com3:"
   wait 5 secs
   close file "com3:"

I do not understand much of this, but it appears that it's usual function is to dial a fax machine in order to transmit letters etc.

My problem is that I want to use this dialing program on my iMac running OS X but unfortunately it does not function there. I imagine the dialing code is similar, but figuring it out is beyond my expertise. Does anyone have any suggestions at to what to do, where to look, who to ask, etc ?

Cheers

Gary