Oh hello! You are saying you CAN do a join on a table that is not in the same database?

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Calvary Chapel CM
Sent from iPhone

On May 22, 2010, at 18:35, Mark Wieder <mwie...@ahsoftware.net> wrote:

Mark-

Friday, May 21, 2010, 5:04:57 PM, you wrote:

SELECT cus.Customer_Number, cus.Customer_Name, ctyp.Customer_Type_Name
FROM database1.customers AS cus LEFT OUTER JOIN
database2.customer_types as ctyp ON cus.Customer_Type =
ctyp.Customer_Type_ID

Nice one - someone actually found a use for an outer join. I've
wracked my brain trying to come up with a situation where I'd want to
use one, and never come up with anything.

--
-Mark Wieder
mwie...@ahsoftware.net