On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 06:33 PM, Edwin Gore wrote:

The error message is I get is:

        compiling at 3:20:20 PM
Type    Expression: missing ')' before factor
Object  Button 1
Line    revCreateXMLTree(it,true,true,false)
Hint

Needless to say, I am baffled. I know that I could brute force it and just parse through the XML text, but that would spoil the fun of using the new 2.0 XML features...

Did you verify that the it variable really contains valid XML?

In my experience the revCreateXML* functions will give strange error messages if the parameters are not valid. Possibly because they are calling a library function not a transcript function handler?

Alex Rice, Software Developer Architectural Research Consultants, Inc. [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]