On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 09:41 AM, Victor Eijkhout wrote:

I should have made the connection

Any time you say that, it really indicates a deficiency in the manual. As a manual writer myself, I don't approve of the "you can't say it wasn't there" style of technical writing.

I agree, but even with the best of styles, the lack of such deficiencies is a high standard. We press toward it, but a falling short may not be indicative of a poor style or strategy.

As for my own writing... Well, the connection is perfectly clear to me! That's why my customers hire people like you.

Dar Scott