Hi Scott,

I know that the message is getting sent, becauase if I put an answer command right above the start player command, the answer box comes up when I hit space. The problem is that my movie doesn't start. I did discover that if I set the alwaysBuffer of the movie to true, it does play when I hit space. The problem with this is that the movie, while playing, doesn't show itself playing-it just goes to the end, and then shows the very last frame. The thing that confuses me is why the start player command will start the player if I put it in a button, but not in the script to catch space bar.

Scott Slaugh

i think this is a "feature" of QT.

You can start/stop a movie in QT-Player with the spacebar...

Just omit that handler and see what happens when you hit the
space-key...

(Just click on the movie if nothing happens an hit space agin...)

I had to change some scripts in my last project, where i did not
get a similar script to work...

So i check for QT and have no space-bar script and if
Video for Windows is used i do...

Took me some desparate hours to find out... ;-)

Try it, it may work for you, too.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Klaus Major