On 06/15/2010 11:49 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
Okay, I have a dictionary. What do I do with it now?

Bob

I dunno! I have about 35 dictionaries in my house here
in Bulgaria; here's a sample:

1. Sanskrit dictionary; currently propping up the leg of a lop-sided table.

2. Scots-English dictionary; propping open toilet door so the cat can get in there.

3. Chambers English; buried under about 45 other books "that I have been meaning
    to read since 2006".

4. Odhams 'Passing Show' (1936); in the 'loo' in the school in case I get stuck for
    light reading.

5. Johnson's (1773 - second volume only); working hard as a barrier between several Bibles, Charlesworths 'Old Testament Pseudepigrapha' and other Graeco-Judaica
    and my "Hindu section".

My other dictionaries (about another 20) are distributed between M&D's house in
England, my house in Scotland, and a farm storehouse in Orkney.