Hmm... On my system (MacBook, OSX 10.5.8, Rev Studio 4.0.0-gm-1, build 950) the following works fine:
   launch "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word"
whereas
   launch "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app"
does not work. In the Finder on my Mac, the MSWord application does not have the ".app" suffix, so I would have been surprised if using "/ Microsoft Word.app" had worked, since it doesn't correspond to an identifiable file on my drive.
But you're correct that
   launch "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word/"
also works, though strictly speaking it should be ungrammatical in RevTalk.

Is this a Mac vs Windows thing? A Leopard vs Snow Leopard thing? A Rev 4.0 vs 4.5 thing?

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmb...@gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig