On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 06:56 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

You can use the DES-derived scheme built in for script encryption in 3
lines:

Interesting idea.

-- First we turn it into a single line to avoid runtime script limits:
put base64encode(tData) into tData

I think this puts line breaks at 72 characters. I think the base64 standard limits lines to 76 characters. It should do no harm to remove all of them, if a single line is really needed.

  --- tuck it in a script:
  set the script of someObject to tData

Will this generate compile errors?

Maybe if this is commented with /* */, the script limit would not apply and removing line-ends above would not be needed.

  -- encrypt the scripts of the stack:
  set the passkey of this stack to "MyPassword"

To retrieve the data you set the password, get the script, and pass it
through base64decode.

And maybe un-comment, if needed.

I'd like to hear how this works out.

Dar