--- rand valentine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Could someone knowledgeable about Valentina help
> me a bit? I figure I
> could try posting these questions to the Valentina
> list, but since the
> readers here know runrev better, I thought I'd try
> here first.
>
> I am trying to install the xcmd so I can use
> Valentina, but I am uncertain
> about the exact procedure. I'm using Mac OSX.2.6 and
> Rev 2.0.1
>
> a. Which Valentina XCMD do I use, the one called
> VXCMD_Carbon_MC or the one
> called VXCMD_Macho? What is "Macho"?
>
> b. To install, according to the scant directions in
> Valentina, you copy the
> CODE resource from a specified file into the stack
> you want to use Valentina
> with. I did that.
>
> c. AND you put the XCMD in the same folder as
> Runtine Revolution.
>
> d. AND the docs say: "For windows and macho versions
> for new stack, you must
> set the "externals" property of your stack to the
> path of the external." Do
> we have to do this? (I tried). And if we do, what is
> the form of the
> externals command?
>
>   Is it: set the externals of this stack to
> "./VXCMD_Macho"? (this is the
> example given in the Valentina docs for an external
> named "VXCMD_Macho_MC".
>
>   Thank your for any help you can provide.
>
> rand valentine

Hi Rand,

If you use the RevDatabase functions, you needn't
worry about the externals ; it has all the required
libraries and handles that for you.
If you prefer to make direct calls, I'd suggest you
try and hook up with a fellow VXCMD user via the
Valentina user mailing list.
I'm sure there are a few MetaCard-users out there who
have gone through the trial-and-error fase ;-)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time."  (La
Rochefoucauld)