Bonjour Manuel,

Le dimanche, 15 juin 2003, à 15:00 Europe/Paris, Klaus Major a écrit :

@Manuel
Actually i might support any language with a corresponding country
which i might get in business with at some time...

Which unfortunately is not the case with "Esperanto" ;-)

What are you interested in: the countries, or the people who could get in business with you?

Sorry for this. I did not mean to insult you or any esperanto-speaking people.

I just made some kind of:

abs(joke)

:-)

Those aliens ares spread all over the world. I agree that they are quite few
(more than some countries with a language quoted in Jaguar's system
preferences/languages, though). But these people are very active, very
fond of international web communication and computer use*, and they
are so strange aliens, that some of them could buy an program just because
it has an esperanto interface. And look: in a few minutes 3 of those intruders
from outer space showed up right in the middle of our list!

Yo, that's what's scaring me :-D

Something simlilar with Catalan. All of them can use Spanish fluently.,
but they would like their language to be in the program. And there are
probably more computers in Barcelona than in the rest of Spain, or in
in a buch of south american spanish speaking countries together, for that matter.

Anyway, what my translation offer is good for french, spanish and catalan**,
my three "mother languages" (dont be surprised: aliens are that way) ;-)))

Anyway here is my offer:

Send me a translation of the stack title and description of my X-Talk section on my
website in your language and i will make them available.

I will also provide a plugin in the next days that will let you also translate my
explanation-instructions inside my scripts, generate a short report save it as
a stack and you can mail it to me :-)

Will be useful to other users of RR also, of course...

The idea of a multi-language x-talk page and instructions is very exiting...

Feel free to add as many dumb jokes in the scripts as id did ;-)

Excuse us for the noise.

No problem ;-)

Noone loves languages more than i do and there are many winesses of this fact
on this list (Bonjour Yves & Dag Ton & Konichi-wa mitchell-san... ;-) so again sorry for
any misunderstanding of my (sometimes far-out) sense of humour :-)...

(Sometimes i speak in tongues... :-)

But discussing about the pertinence of languages for internationalizing programs
may not be totallly irrelevant for at leat some of us.

And again congratulations and thank you for your stacks and the nice way you
help people.

Since i struggeld through the high learning curve of HC/SC/MC/RR all by myself,
i know how hard it is sometimes to get to the basics.

And so i am really pleased to privide some (hopefully) understandable examples
of theses basics :-) and some more advanced tricks, of course :-)

I hope you'll get the whisky bottle!

To be honest. The last one (i recceived last year because of some clever post) is still more than 3/4 full ;-)

My favourite is:

Hush, hush: jan s., or one of his clones ;-)

Manuel

Regards

Klaus Major