Alex Tweedly wrote:
I've created one (called, with great imagination :), "R1") which has all
the correct characteristics, including a width and height of 8

But when I clone it to create my other shapes, the widths and heights
all come out to 120 instead of 8. I can fix this up (as I do in the
following code), but I don't understand why that would be necessary (or
what other properties might be different from what I expect).

I suspect that locking messages before the loop will prevent the IDE from intercepting the newGraphic message which it seems to be using to alter the new objects.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World