Some of our users could be receiving videos sent to them throughout any given day, so it is convenient if they can leave the revlet open in a browser tab and simply retrieve, then view those videos, without having to leave their browser.

If it wasn't for the challenges presented both by the revlet plugin installation process and that nasty warning box, this concept is killer for convenience and simplicity.

Richard

On 7/19/10 11:52 AM, Michael Kann wrote:
Both Richards,

It seems like the user will have a collection of videos on his/her hard drive.
Why not include a standalone RunRev program with the videos to organize and
display the videos? Or am I missing something?

Mike

--- On Mon, 7/19/10, Richard Miller<w...@together.net>  wrote:

From: Richard Miller<w...@together.net>
Subject: Re: RevWeb, IE and saving data
To: "How to use Revolution"<use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>
Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Richard,

It's not a practical solution for this app. The app is
displaying personal video data of the user (sports videos...
golf, baseball, tennis swings, etc.). The user needs to be
able to bring these videos up immediately... not have to
wait for each to be downloaded each time the user wants to
view one. I don't see any way around the need for local
storage.

Richard