Now that my memory is jogged, I recall that older PowerPC computers write data
to the video cards in the opposite order that PC's did. Now that they have
Intel based OS X systems for Mac, I think this has gone the way of the Dodo.
But we are after all talking about an old G4.

In fact, this was the reason that emulators like Virtual PC could never attain
the performance on graphics intensive tasks that people needed. EVERYTHING
graphics had to go through a translator. Nowadays, a lot of emulated tasks can
access the processor directly with little or no translation, giving us the
exceptional performance of emulators like VMWare and Parallels produces.

Bob