Hi Everyone

Now that revObjective is in the wild I'm realising that the more complex an
object you make the more you want to give it it's own settings/inspector
palette. What do people think of the following idea?

Each revObjective custom control is saved in it's own stack file so I was
thinking of providing a substack to be a settings palette to edit the custom
properties of the selectedobject related to the custom control. The substack
would open along with the mainstack when you click "Edit" in revObjective. A
new "Inspector" button to open the substack as a palette would be added to
revObjective which would be enabled like the Add button whenever there is a
selected object. Once open these substacks would switch/hide depending on if
the selectedobject has a  revObjective based behavior and which object it is
etc.

Does all that make sense? Maybe it's overkill when you can document and expect
people to edit the custom properties but I can imagine a day when most of the
objects I use are pulled out of revObjective and much of my maintenance work
therefore is done once and propagated to all my apps just like I do with
standard library stacks. With groups with backgroundBehavior set to true we can
even have library like code libraries without adding complexity to the message
path.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding
M E R Goulding Software Development

InstallGadget - How to create an installer in 10 seconds
revObjective  - Making behavior scripts behave