I do intercept several messages in front scripts (mouseUp, menuPick come to mind). I tried to relayer the field in the size and position tab of the property inspector but the arrows to manipulate the layer are greyed out and if I type in a new layer number and tab, I get a beep and the layer goes back to the original value.

Pete Haworth